Teacher Salary Data
Did you know mid-career teacher salaries range between $60,000 and $100,000? Share the A Teacher’s Life by the Numbers infographic for your local area with students or faculty. This resource also includes slides with teacher salary data for your local area that can be used in GFO presentations.
Audience/setting: Prospective STEM discipline teachers (undergraduate, graduate, alum). Faculty and staff who may talk with students formally or informally about teaching as a profession.
Time: 1 – 5 minutes
Synopsis: The map includes three file types at each location:
- An infographic called “A Teachers Life by the Numbers” in pdf format. This infographic contains teacher salary data for a 1st year and a 15th year teacher, sample housing that these teachers could purchase, and data on the average wages for all employees in that area.
- An editable version of the infographic called “A Teachers Life by the Numbers” in pptx
- A PowerPoint slide containing local teacher salary data. This slide is formatted to match the Busting Myths About the Teaching Profession or Teaching: The Best Kept Secret! presentations so that it can easily replace the existing slide in those presentations.
Access the A Teacher’s Life by the Numbers infographic for your local area from the map below. Use it with students or faculty any time you are having a conversation about the teaching profession. Teacher salaries are similar to other careers you can get with the same degree. In fact, mid-career teacher salaries range between $60,000 – $100,000. Prospective teachers like to see what teacher pay looks like in your area before they hear about other benefits and the opportunities at your university to explore teaching as a profession.
Use the teacher salary slide in the Busting Myths About the Teaching Profession or Teaching: The Best Kept Secret! presentations. You can also use this table to update the Student and Faculty Data Handouts so that they contain local teacher salary data.
Click on a location in the map below to see what downloads are available.
Don’t see your Region on the Map?
You may request Teacher Salary Data from the GFO Research Team team. Data mining salaries and creating an infographic takes about a half of a day of effort, we appreciate your patience. Priority is given to Registered Champions.
- If interested, update the pptx version of the A Teacher’s Life by the Numbers infographic with your branding/contact info. Also use the salary slide to help customize your other GFO resources:
- You can open the pptx version of the A Teacher’s Life by the Numbers infographic in PowerPoint and then add your university’s logo and your program’s contact info.
- The Teacher Salary Data slide is designed to match the salary data slide that comes with the Busting Myths About the Teaching Profession or Teaching: The Best Kept Secret! presentations to make it easy for you to update these presentations with local data.
- The table in the Teacher Salary Data slide can also be used to customize the Teacher salary Compensation data handout with local data.
Good to Know
- The A Teacher’s Life by the Numbers infographic is a quick and simple way to share very critical financial facts about the teaching profession with all students, prospective teachers as well as their peers’ whose opinions they value.
- Remember that these infographics and the salary slide only contain the base academic year salary for teachers. Data reveals that about half of teachers engage in additional paid service opportunities at their schools such as serving as club sponsors, coaches, substitute teachers, etc…